Anna Bachsleitner, M.Sc.
Educational structures and pathways
Warschauer Straße 34-38
- From Abitur to doctoral degree and beyond
- Learning Processes, Educational Careers, and Psychosocial Development in Adolescence and Young Adulthood Study (BIJU)
|Since 03/2014||Academic staff member at the Department of Educational Governance (DIPF)|
|04/2013 - 02/2014||Academic staff member at the Institute for Social Science and Social Psychology (ISS), University of Cologne|
|2013||Master (M.Sc.) in Social Science and Empirical Social Research (University of Cologne)|
|2010 - 2013||Masters study course, Social Science and Empirical Social Research at University of Cologne|
|2010||Bachelor degree (B.A.) in Social Science (University of Mannheim)|
|2007 - 2010||Bachelor study course in Social Science at University of Mannheim|
Current work and research activities
- Academic pathways and professional careers in science
- Doctoral thesis on educational trajectories and social inequality from higher education entry qualification to doctoral studies (“Bildungsverläufe und soziale Ungleichheit vom Abitur bis zur Promotion”)
Subject to the doctoral thesis, data from the BIJU study will be analysed for higher education graduates who have respectively have not taken up doctoral studies, beginning with their acquisition of a higher education qualification (Abitur). Attention focuses on social background and its influence on post-secondary educational careers, and the transition to doctoral studies
- Bachsleitner, A.; Becker, M.; Neumann, M. & Maaz, K. (2016, March): Social background effects in the transition to doctoral studies. Talk presented at the 4th conference of the Society for Empirical Educational Research GEBF), Berlin.
- Bachsleitner, A.; Becker, M.; Neumann, M. & Maaz, K. (2015, September): Social Inequality in the Transition to Doctoral Studies. Presentation delivered to the Annual BAGSS Conference 2015, Bamberg.
- Bachsleitner, A; Becker, M.; Neumann, M. & Maaz, K. (2015, March): Bildungsverläufe von Hochschulabsolventen mit und ohne aufgenommene Promotion ab dem Abitur. [Educational Trajectories of Higher Education. Graduates who have (not) taken on doctoral studies, beginning with their higher education qualification] Presented at the 3rd conference of the Society for Empirical Educational Research (GEBF), Bochum.
- Bachsleitner, A; Becker, M.; Neumann, M. & Maaz, K. (2014, September): Bildungsverläufe und soziale Ungleichheit vom Abitur bis zur Promotion. [Educational Trajectories and Social Inequality from Higher Education Qualification to Doctoral Studies] Presentation, 1st Annual meeting of the Berlin network for interdisciplinary educational research (BIEN), Berlin.