Dr. Cora Titz
Development of successful learning
60486 Frankfurt am Main
stand-in-professor for Educational Psychology at the university of Göttingen
|2007||postdoctoral research fellow at the German Institute for International Educational Research, Center for Education and Development (DIPF)|
|2005||PhD in Psychology at the university of Goettingen (Title of the thesis: Age comparison of susceptibility to interference in cognitive performance: A critical evaluation of models and empirical evidence)|
|2001-2007||pre- and postdoctoral research fellow at the university of Goettingen, Germany|
|1995-2001||undergraduate studies of Psychology at the university of Goettingen, Germany|
|1994-1995||undergraduate studies of Psychology at the university of Saarbruecken, Germany|
- aging and cognition
- development of central executive processes
- working memory
- aging and education
- life long learning
- cognitive plasticity over the life span
Selected Publications (peer-reviewed)
- Titz, C. & Verhaeghen, P. (2010). Aging and Directed Forgetting in Episodic Memory: A Meta-Analysis. Psychology & Aging, 25(2), 405-411.
- Titz, C, Behrendt, J. & Hasselhorn, M. (2010). Tomatoes and apples or red and green lines: Are age-related interference effects based on competition among concepts or percepts? Ex-perimental Aging Research, 36(3), 346 - 358.
- Titz, C., Behrendt, J., Menge U. & Hasselhorn, M. (2008). A reassessment of negative priming within the inhibition framework of cognitive aging: There is more in it than previously believed.Experimental Aging Research, 34, 340-366.