Document Server at the German Education Portal
The project pedocs aims to generate a pool of secondary publications from the area of publishing house journals that are current and available free of charge.
The project pedocs aims to generate a pool of secondary publications from the area of publishing house journals that are current and available free of charge. A further focus lies on scientific audio-visual material for instruction and classroom research.
The project is composed of the following professional, technological and evaluative parts:
- Subject-related information and activation of the educational scientific community with respect to Open Access and the Open Repository pedocs;
- Implementation of a multi-track acquisition strategy focusing on pre- and postprints that are freely accessible, from scholarly journals relevant to pedagogy, as well as audio-visual primary research data for instruction research;
- Construction of an inter-operable technical-administrative repository system;
- Integration of the scholarly repository into the structure of the German Education Portal, linkage of existing service and advice components that support publishing, and development of new distribution paths;
- Quality assurance and sustainability of the service, development and implementation of a well-founded evaluation concept.
Furthermore, we intend to lay the technical and methodological foundation for the project “Long-term storage in Pedagogy“.
The project pedocs is funded by the German Research Foundation.
Additional temporary collaborators: Günther Hansen, Dr. Agathe Gebert
8/2008 - 12/2011
|Department:||Information Center for Education|