Specialised information service “Educational Science and Educational Research”
The German Research Foundation (DFG) is funding this project to lift the provision with educational scientific literature and other sources that are relevant to educational research onto a higher level.
The specialised information service “Educational science and educational research” will facilitate German-based scientists’ access to scientifically relevant information, regardless of their work location. The project aims to deliver relevant literature to educational scientists quickly and without delay. The scientific information services (FID) have been introduced to replace the former system of distributed special thematic collections, also funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), which until 2013 were mainly held by university libraries in Germany.
Subject to a close co-operation with educational scientists and educational researchers, the specialised information service will predominantly pursue two priorities:
- The German Education Portal together with the German Education Index will be extended at a large scale in terms of a reference and retrieval system, thus it will become a starting point for the provision of information in the area of educational science, educational research and research in higher education.
- A specific service will be developed for a supraregional delivery of literature, flexibly oriented towards user demands. A high priority will be given to publications that are available in digital formats. In this context, the Research Library for the History of Education (BBF) at DIPF will serve educational historians' needs.
The information service will be supported by a council of experts in education and library services, subject to continual user evaluation.
Project co-ordination (DIPF): Dr. Julia Kreusch
- Research Library for the History of Education (BBF) at DIPF in Berlin
- University Library of Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research (GEI) in Brunswick
- University Library of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
The project is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) – funding programme “Scientific Information Services” (Fachinformationsdienste für die Wissenschaft).
In this context, the Research Library for the History of Education (BBF) at DIPF will serve educational historians' needs.
|Project type:||Interdepartmental projects|
1/2015 - 12/2017