At different levels of education, educational monitoring focuses on the continual assessment and analysis of conditions, process characteristics, results and outcomes of education.
Educational monitoring concerns the continual observation and analysis of an education system respectively its components, to inform policymakers and the general public on the basis of empirically founded data regarding current developments and trends. Priorities concern the compilation of national reports on education respectively the implementation of educational monitoring at the level of municipalities, subject to the programme “Lernen vor Ort“, funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Furthermore, DIPF is engaged in developing indicators for worldwide monitoring in the framework of the PISA 2015 study.
Educational monitoring at the level of municipalities aims at the creation of a basis for coherent educational management and evidence-based educational policy for participating local education authorities. DIPF provides scientific process monitoring to the individual local authorities as well as developing customised training programmes, support material and events. Transfer of concepts and ideas beyond “Lernen vor Ort“ plays an increasingly more relevant role.
Every two years, national educational reporting delivers an evaluative assessment of the entire education system in Germany to the federation (Bund) and the federal states (Länder), based on selected indicators. In particular, existing data from official sources and social scientific surveys are systematised and linked with respect to overarching issues, the data are analysed and interpreted regarding their societal effects.
Complementary developmental work is conducted on the conceptualisation, selection and operationalisation of relevant educational indicators, validating available data (and possibly data that need to be generated) concerning their explanatory power.
- Communal Educational Monitoring
- Development and Changing Dynamics of a Heterogeneous Social Science Field Using the Example of Educational Research
- Educational Disparities by Nationality and Migrant Background
- Monitoring of Web 2.0 Services
- National Report on Education
- PISA 2015
- Possibilities the Micro-Census Provides for Analysing the Social Situation of Pedagogical Staff With Special Focus on Teachers
- School-Related Indices
- Situation of Empirical Educational Research in Germany
- Study on the Development of All-Day Schools
- Transition to Secondary Schools: Analysis of School Statistical Data From 10 Federal States