Institutions and Knowledge Practices in the Pedagogical Field After 1945
This research topic targets an analysis of leadership behaviours, participation structures and forms of subjectivation in schools and in pedagogical institutions in East and West Germany during the Cold War.
Educational political actors and instances, individual schools and clientele of pedagogical influence are taken into perspective at both sides of the Berlin Wall. Particular focus is placed on their dealings with and within the political blocks, as reflected by different practices. Particular attention is paid to the divided city of Berlin where the competition of systems and networkings were particularly evident.
- Ideas, Actors, Knowledge – Comprehensive School in the State of Hesse: the Example of Wetzlar From the 1970s Until Today
- Indexing of records from ISCHE and Paedagogica Historica
- Indexing the Scientific Legacy of Gerhard Stierand
- Pedagogical Science and Secret Service in the GDR
- Schools in Times of Change (SchiWa)
- Setup of a DIPF Archive
- West German Student Journals From the 1950s and 1960s. Student Journals as Artefacts of Secondary School Cultures (PAUSE)
- ZeitgeschichteN (Contemporary Histories)