Projects in this field of research focus on the description, explanation, diagnosis and treatment of learning disorders in children.
Here, researchers aim to find out which neurocognitive and socio-emotional specificities can be identified in children with learning disorders in reading, spelling and arithmetics. The researchers investigate in how far specific deficits cause the emergence of learning disorders, they furthermore develop and validate diagnostic tools. Moreover, there is an increase in studies on prevention and intervention measures.
- ADHD – Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- BÄRENstark! – Working Memory Competencies of Children with Learning Difficulties
- Co-ordinating Office for the BMBF Research Priority Domain “Cause-related Individual Diagnostics and Intervention in Defined School-related Developmental Disorders“ (ESF)
- GIDeCA – Gene by Environment Interactions on Decision Making in Children with different ADHD Symptoms
- Kosmos – Cognitive and socio-emotional development of children with learning disabilities
- LeA – Learning Acceleration
- Self-Regulation and ADHD in School Contexts