PD Dr. habil. Cora Titz
- First Name
- PD Dr. habil.
- academic staff member
- +49 (0)69 24708-513
- Center /office
- Department of Education and Human Development
- Publications Titz (since 2007)
- 1994-1995 undergraduate studies of Psychology at the university of Saarbruecken, Germany
- 1995-2001 undergraduate studies of Psychology at the university of Goettingen, Germany
- 2001-2007 pre- and postdoctoral research fellow at the university of Goettingen, Germany
- 2005 PhD in Psychology at the university of Goettingen (Title of the thesis: Age comparison of susceptibility to interference in cognitive performance: A critical evaluation of models and empirical evidence)
- Since July 2007: postdoctoral research fellow at the German Institute for International Educational Research, Center for Education and Development (DIPF)
- Since October 2010: Stand-in-professor for Educational Psychology at the university of Göttingen.
- aging and cognition
- development of central executive processes
- working memory
- aging and education
- life long learning
- cognitive plasticity over the life span
Selected Publications (peer-reviewed)
- Titz, C. & Verhaeghen, P. (2010). Aging and
Directed Forgetting in Episodic Memory: A Meta-Analysis. Psychology
& Aging, 25(2), 405-411.
- Titz, C, Behrendt, J. &
Hasselhorn, M. (2010). Tomatoes and apples or red and green lines: Are
age-related interference effects based on competition among concepts or
percepts? Ex-perimental Aging Research, 36(3), 346 - 358.
C., Behrendt, J., Menge U. & Hasselhorn, M. (2008). A reassessment
of negative priming within the inhibition framework of cognitive aging:
There is more in it than previously believed. Experimental Aging Research, 34, 340-366.