Selected parts of the Research Library for the History of Education's holdings have been digitised and are openly accessible via the internet. These digital collections have been compiled in cooperation with other institutions and are continually being expanded.
Current information on the use of the BBF and its services after the cyber attack
The BBF | Research Library for the History of Education (Bibliothek für Bildungsgeschichtliche Forschung – BBF) digitises educational-historical sources – partly as full text – with in-depth classification of content and provides these open access if they are within the pubilc domain:
- Digitised printed texts can be found in the ScriptaPaedagogica database
- Digitised images in the PicturaPaedagogica and the portaits database DigiPortA
- Digitised materials from the archive can be accessed directly via the archive database
- Important historical-educational editions can be found via EditionenBildungsgeschichte
- On an open wiki platform InterlinkingPictura, Friedrich Justin Bertuch's "Picture Book for Children" is fully digitized and made available to interested laypersons and researchers from all disciplines, who can now further enrich the wiki content and thus expand knowledge about the historical work
Moreover, the BBF cooperates regarding the provision of gateways in the area of educational research and history which comprise diverse information services, e.g. reviews, reference databases, directories of institutions and current information and announcements.
For detailed information about these databases and gateways, please refer to the the website of the BBF, section Searching & Finding.