Evaluation of the German Education Server
The federal government, the Länder states and the DIPF have agreed upon commissioning a study for the evaluation of the German Education Server (DBS) with regard to user and development potentials. This evaluation will be carried out in close collaboration with a study conducted by Hildesheim Univer-sity focusing on information retrieval on the DBS. It will allow for a SWOT analysis and enable a discrimination of the German Education Server from other education portals in Germany.
The federal government, the Länder states and the DIPF have agreed upon commissioning a study for the evaluation of existing user and development potentials of the German Education Server (DBS). This evaluation shall be carried out in close collaboration with a study by Hildesheim University, focusing on information retrieval on the German Education Server. It will allow for a SWOT analysis and enable us to discriminate the DBS from other education portals in Germany.
The five targets that are envisaged by the project are:
- Analysis of potential use and respective recommended action, based on an analysis of the qualitative and quantitative assessment/description of current user conduct;
- Analysis of potentials for development as regards Web 2.0 services on the DBS as well as an analysis of user needs, also with respect to particular target groups (e. g. social tagging);
- Portfolio analysis and respective options for action – regarding profiles and perspectives of the DBS;
- Validation of the correlation between general and user specific information services;
- Assessment of potential synergies and necessary delimitations between the DBS, education servers offered by the Länder states and comparable services.
We have planned the following steps:
- Analysis of DBS contents and information structure;
- User surveys;
- Interviews with target groups;
- Logfile analysis focusing the provisions for participation;
- Assessment of potential synergies and necessary delimitations;
- development of recommendations for action and future perspectives of the portal.
Project ManagementAxel Kühnlenz
6/2010 – 2/2011
|Department:||Information Center for Education|