Education in the Digital World
DIPF supports the digitalisation of education to make offers more equitable and sustainable.
Stakeholders in the German education system should be able to assess new technologies and their effects in a differentiated manner and use their potential. Therefore, the Institute researches and develops digital educational media and tools, builds digital teaching-learning infrastructures as well as information platforms and makes them available to educational practitioners. These digital infrastructures are not only used in schools and universities, but also in the field of continuing education. Here, DIPF has reached a leading position in facilitating continuing education and testing low skilled persons for the labour market.
In order to expand the digital development of the German education system, it is also necessary to offer initial and further training to pedagogical staff regarding the use of digital technology. For teachers to use digital educational media in a didactically meaningful way, they must be trained in the critical and reflective use.
Furthermore, DIPF works in technology-based assessment, analyses the effects of digitally supported education and its infrastructure and makes the findings available to international educational research.
- Analyzing and Fostering Learning for the development of Competence
- Centre for International Student Assessment
- DELTA – Towards Digital Education with modern Learning Technologies and Assessment approaches
- DiFA – Digital Formative Assessment – Unfolding its full potential by combining psychometrics with learning analytics
- Digi-EBF – Meta project “Digitizing in education“
- EiKlar – EEG in the classroom
- FLINK – How to Read Fluently: Individual Intervention of Reading Competencies
- INCLASS – Inclusion of Children on the Autism Spectrum in School
- IWWB-PLUS: InfoWebWeiterbildung – Personalised search area for the learning environment
- LeA-Training – Learning Acceleration Training
- MASK – Modeling of integrated academic-language compentences
- MYSKILLS – Identifying professional competencies (BKE)
- NEPS TBT: Work Package Technology Based Testing
- PERLE – Professional Vision of Early Mathematics in Daily Learning Situations
- PREDICT – Prediction Generation as a Tool to Activate Children’s Prior Knowledge and Improve Learning
- PROMPT – Optimizing Self-Regulated Learning Processes With Digital Prompts
- ReCo – Automatically Processing Text Responses from Large-Scale Assessments
- TPL-basics – Conditions of acquiring operational knowledge for solving technical problems
- UPWIND – Understanding and Improving Daily Cognitive and Affective Within-Child Dynamics in the School Context
- zEbra – Social Belonging in the Real and Digital World