Dr. Friederike Blume
Rostocker Straße 6
60323 Frankfurt am Main
Academic & Scientific Vita
- Since 04/2020
- Post-doctoral researcher | DIPF | Leibniz-Institute for Research and Information in Education (Prof. Dr. Florian Schmiedek)
- 01/2020 – 03/2020
- Post-doctoral researcher | Hector Research Institute of Education Science and Psychology, University of Tübingen (50%, Prof. Dr. Ulrich Trautwein)
- 09/2019 – 10/2019
- Lab visit | CREATE Lab, NYU New York City (Consortium for Research and Evaluation of Advanced Technology in Education; Prof. Dr. Jan Plass)
- 01/2018 – 03/2020
- Post-doctoral researcher | Department of School Psychology, University of Tübingen (Prof. Dr. Caterina Gawrilow; 50% as of Jan 2020)
- Lab visit | Neuroscience and Education Lab, NYU, New York City (Prof. Dr. Clancy Blair)
- 10/2014 – 12/2017
- Doctorate | Dr. rer. nat. in Psychology | LEAD Graduate School & Research Network, Tübingen
- Thesis: Non-pharmacological interventions in the context of ADHD symptoms: new perspectives for treatment and assessment
- 10/2007 – 04/2014
- Studies | Biology, English, Psychology (State examination, University of Tübingen and Middlesex University, London, UK)
Current work and research priorities
- Intraindividual variability of self-control in everyday school life and its relevance for school performance
- Virtual reality classrooms
- List of publications (Google Scholar)
- Blume, F., Quixal, M., Hudak, J., Dresler, T., Gawrilow, C.*, Ehlis, A.-C.* (2020). Development of reading abilities in children with ADHD following fNIRS-neurofeedback or EMG-biofeedback. Lernen & Lernstörungen (accepted).
- Blume, F., Göllner, R., Moeller, K., Dresler, T., Ehlis, A.-C., Gawrilow, C. (2019). Do students learn better when seated close to the teacher? A virtual classroom study considering individual levels of inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity. Learning and Instruction, 61, 138-147.
- Hudak, J., Blume, F., Dresler, T., Haeussinger, F. B., Renner, T. J., Fallgatter, A. J., Ehlis, A.-C. (2017). Near-Infrared Spectroscopy-Based Frontal Lobe Neurofeedback Integrated in Virtual Reality Modulates Brain and Behavior in Highly Impulsive Adults. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- Blume, F., Hudak, J., Dresler, T., Ehlis, A.-C., Kühnhausen, J., Renner, T. J., & Gawrilow, C. (2017). NIRS-based neurofeedback training in a virtual reality classroom for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials, 18, 41–57.
Blume, F., Schmidt, A., Kramer, A. C., Schmiedek, F., & Neubauer, A. B. (2021). Homeschooling during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic: The role of students’ trait self-regulation and task attributes of daily learning tasks for students’ daily self-regulation. Zeitschrift Fur Erziehungswissenschaft. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/tnrdj
Blume, F., Dresler, T., Gawrilow, C., Ehlis, A.-C., Goellner, R., & Moeller, K. (2021). Examining the relevance of basic numerical skills for mathematical achievement in secondary school using a within-task assessment approach. Acta Psychologica, 215, 103289. https://doi.org/10.1016/J.ACTPSY.2021.103289