Dr. Annika Wilmers
International Cooperation in Education
Rostocker Straße 6
60323 Frankfurt am Main
- Since 2009
- Academic staff member and researcher at the Information Center for Education at the DIPF in the unit “International Education in Education” and as project coordinator in the Metaproject Digitization in Education (Digi-EBF)
- 2007 – 2008
- Officer to the Vice President, University of Reutlingen
- Doctorate in Modern History at the University of Tübingen; field of study: pacifism, nationalism and internationalism in the international peace movement during Wold War One
German-French Studies in Modern History, Medieval History and Modern German Literature at the Universities of Tübingen and Aix-en-Provence
Current Work and Research Priorities
- Academic staff member and researcher in the unit “International Education in Education”
- Project coordinator in the Metaproject Digitization in Education (Digi-EBF); coordinator of a cross-institutional working group on “Critical Reviews”
- Research projects and ccordination of networks with a transatlantic focus
- Strategic advisory function for the field of systematic reviews and coordinator of the institutional working group on systematic reviews
- Member of the EU network eippee (Evidence Informed Policy and Practice in Education in Europe)
- Monitoring of European and international education policies and funding for educational research
- Wilmers, A., Waffner, B. (13. Oktober 2021). School education in a virtual space: between damage control, school development and innovation. Presentation at the 18. International Conference on Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age (CELDA), 13.-15. Oktober, 2021 (virtuelle Konferenz).
- Wilmers, A., Gaussel, M., Hafsteinsdóttir, E. (9. September 2021). Symposium on Review Processes and Open Science Strategies: Case-Studies from European Countries (Germany, France, Iceland, Great Britain). European Conference on Educational Research of the European Educational Research Association (EERA), Universität Bern/ Online-Konferenz, 6.-10. September 2021.
- Wilmers, A. (29. April 2021). From the global to the school level: Linkages and contradictions between the international youth climate protests and the school context. Paper in the highlighted Session: Global discourse on youth citizenship and participation. Annual Conference of the Comparative International Education Society, 25. April – 2. Mai 2021, Seattle/ Online-Conference.
- Wilmers, A., Ylimaki, R., Abs, H. J. (6. September 2019). Historical foundations of public education in the nation state and how these foundations challenge public education today. Paper im Symposium Public Education at the Crossroads in Germany, the United States, and Canada, European Conference on Educational Research (EERA), Universität Hamburg, 2.-6. September 2019.
- Wilmers, A., Anda, C. (5. September 2019). Designing review processes – the German case. Critical review studies in digital education. Paper in der Panel Discussion Designing ongoing review processes: between systematic approaches and new challenges. European Conference on Educational Research (EERA), Universität Hamburg, 2.-6. September 2019
- Member of the German Educational Research Association (GERA)/ Deutschen Gesellschaft für Erziehungswissenschaft (DGfE)
- Member of the American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Member of the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES)
last modified Nov 26, 2021