Dr. Annika Wilmers
Rostocker Straße 6
60323 Frankfurt am Main
- Since 2009
- Academic staff member and researcher at the Information Center for Education at the DIPF in the unit “International Education in Education” and as project coordinator in the Metaproject Digitization in Education (Digi-EBF)
- 2007 – 2008
- Officer to the Vice President, University of Reutlingen
- Doctorate in Modern History at the University of Tübingen; field of study: pacifism, nationalism and internationalism in the international peace movement during Wold War One
German-French Studies in Modern History, Medieval History and Modern German Literature at the Universities of Tübingen and Aix-en-Provence
- Wilmers A. & Keller, C. (May 10, 2023) Fishing for relevance or how to handle large and heterogeneous datasets. Lessons learned from 20 critical reviews in education research. 4th Symposium on Big Data and Research Synthesis in Psychology, May 8-10, 2023, Frankfurt am Main.
- Wilmers, A. (March 9, 2023). Strengthening the Impact of Education Research. Panel Discussion at the OECD/CERI, Paris/online.
- Wilmers, A. & Hartmann, U. (Nov. 23, 2022). Dissemination of research evidence and collaborative transfer to educational policy and practice. Examples from Germany. Norwegian Knowledge Center for Education, University of Stavanger, Norway.
- Waffner, B., Wilmers, A., Halpern, J., DiGregorio, D., John, C. (April 24, 2022). School Development in the Digital World: Challenges and Opportunities in the 21st Century. Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, April 22-25, 2022, San Diego.
- Wilmers, A. (April 29, 2021). From the global to the school level: Linkages and contradictions between the international youth climate protests and the school context. Paper in the highlighted Session: Global discourse on youth citizenship and participation. Annual Conference of the Comparative International Education Society, April 25 - May 2, 2021, Seattle/ Online-Conference.
Current Work and Research Priorities
- Academic staff member in the unit “International Education in Education”
- Project coordinator in the Metaproject Digitization in Education (Digi-EBF); head of the cross-institutional working group on Critical Reviews
- Research focus on transformation processes (e.g. digitization, sustainability, migration) and the role of evidence-based science
- Research with an international comparative and transatlantic focus
- Strategic advisory function for the field of systematic reviews and coordinator of the institutional working group on systematic reviews
- Member of the EU network eippee (Evidence Informed Policy and Practice in Education in Europe)
- Monitoring of European and international education policies and funding
- Member of the German Educational Research Association (GERA)/ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Erziehungswissenschaft (DGfE)
- Member of the American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Member of the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES)
- Member of the Society for Research Syntheses Methodology (SRSM)
- Board member of the Nordic Journal for Systematic Reviews in Education (NJSRE)
last modified Sep 06, 2023